5 Ways To Involve Your Kids In Spring Cleaning + A Giveaway!
Disclosure: I received free products from Casabella to facilitate this review. No other compensation was offered. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s that time of year again…Spring Cleaning time! It’s so strange, normally I’m not one to get excited about the thought of cleaning. But for some reason spring cleaning is something I really enjoy. Maybe it’s because after it’s all done, I get to enjoy a sparkling clean house with the windows open and the sun shining through my open windows. Who doesn’t love that right?
There is another member of my family that enjoys spring cleaning with me is my 7 year old. Yes really! I think it’s important for kids to be involved in every aspect of the household, and that includes keeping it clean and orderly. So when I was given the chance to team up with Casabella I knew I wanted to share ways to get your kids involved in spring cleaning!
Casabella makes awesome cleaning products that are affordable, and most importantly, work great! I received an awesome package (which I will be giving away an identical set to what I got later on in this post!) that included:
- 1 Everywhere Duster
- 1 Set of Sparkle Sponges
- 1 Contour Spray Bottle
- 1 Flex Dispensing Scrubber
- 1 XL Quick Scrub Spray Mop
So when the package arrived it was time to get to Spring Cleaning!
Here are 5 ways to get your kids involved in Spring Cleaning!
1. Start by setting a plan! Spring Cleaning is not a 1 afternoon affair. It’s usually (for us at least) a week long event! Getting your kids involved with the planning of spring cleaning is a great way to see what they can do. We usually make a list of what needs to be done, broken down by room, and who was going to do what. My daughter loved that she was able to pick and chose what chores she wanted to do.
2. Find the cleaning tools that work for them! Kids will be more excited to clean if you offer cleaning tools that work for them. I’m not going to have my daughter vacuum, because it’s a big, heavy, and loud device that she hates. However, you hand her a sparkle sponge and she scrubs counters all while singing a tune!
3. Make them responsible for their own areas! Yours kids bedrooms and bathrooms are their space in the home, therefor they should be responsible for keeping them clean and tidy. Of course, offering help is a good thing, as some things they can’t do efficiently (depending on their age). I’ve noticed a lot of kids will take pride in keeping their areas clean if given the opportunity and tools. (And maybe a little reward won’t hurt 😉 )
4. Put a reward system in place! Spring cleaning is a lot of work, and if your kids are working hard, they deserve a little reward. Now this doesn’t have to be a monetary reward either. You could work out a reward system for screen time, a special day trip, or anything else your kids will love!
5. Make it a game! All kids love games right? When we spring clean, we have a minute to win it style clean off with the whole family. See that fan up there? That got dusted in 48 seconds flat! The prize of the day for whatever room we are cleaning that day is control over the remote for the whole night. The livingroom was my winning event and I made everyone watch Dancing with the Stars and Survivor. #Winning
There you have it, 5 ways to get your kids involved in spring cleaning! It’s really not too bad when you remember to have a little fun with it. And to start your Spring Cleaning off right, Casabella has offered an awesome prize pack to one lucky reader! Enter to win below, and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway