First Date Ideas
So you landed a first date with that person that makes your heart skip a beat? Awesome! You’ve picked out the perfect outfit, and told all your friends, but here comes the question, where do you take them? It’s a first day, so you want to leave a lasting impression right? There are tons of fun places to go! You can stick with the basics, or go with the road less traveled! Here are some of my favorite first date ideas!
First Date Ideas:
- Dinner and a Movie- A classic first date idea, you really can’t go wrong with this route! Make sure this is a date you plan together though, so you can agree on a movie type and restaurant!
- Bowling- Bowling is always a fun idea for a first date! You can make a friendly bet, eat some snacks, and show off your skills! (or laugh at your lack thereof)
- Take a cooking class- For the foodies out there, a cooking class is a great way to have some fun and make something together, and afterwords you can test your new skills by making a dessert 😉
- Attend a Concert together- If you have the same taste in music, attend a concert together! Even if no big artists are in town, check out your local music scene!
- Karaoke Date- Who doesn’t love Karaoke!? It’s a great way to have a drink and loosen up on your first date! Bonus points if one of you can actually sing!
- Scavenger Hunt Date- If sitting at a table is not your thing, plan a first date scavenger hunt around the city! A great way to see how you will work together!
- Be a Tourist- Pretend you are visit the city you live in for the first time, do all the touresty stuff, take photos at landamarks, hit the hottest dinner destination, and grab a keychain!
- Hit up an amusement park- If you live near an amusement park what better way to spend a first date then to scream your heads off on a roller coaster and split a funnel cake?
- Volunteer Together- Volunteering together is a great way to start a new relationship while helping others as well.
- Catch a Comedy Show- We all love to laugh, and laughing with someone you’re in to makes it even better!
- Movie Marathon- If you have Netflix, (and if you don’t, why not!?) Pick a theme and have a movie marathon with a big tub of popcorn and a drink!
- Take an Art Class- Bring out your creative side with an art class. I love the Canvas and Wine classes, nothing like a good glass of wine to get the creative juices flowing!
What are some of your favorite first date ideas?
Let me know! My first date with my husband was going to watch his band play!