Halloween Party Tips
Halloween Party Tips
Can you believe Halloween is in less than a week!? We love throwing Halloween parties each year and as of 2 years ago we had an even better reason to celebrate because my nephew was born on Halloween! Having a Halloween party is like having any other party expect you get to dress up and scare people (or not, depending on what your style is). Since I’ve planned quite a few Halloween parties I thought I would share with your my Halloween Party Tips! Ready to check them out?
Here are my Halloween Party Tips:
- Pick your theme first! So you’ve decided you are going to have a Halloween party, how fun! Before you do anything else you have to decided on a party theme.I know what you are thinking, “Halloween IS the theme right?”, well yea it is but there are so many different styles of Halloween. You can go with a monster theme, a tricks and treat theme, zombies, vampires, the list goes on and on!
- Plan Your Menu! Halloween is such an awesome reason to come up with some new recipes and a Halloween party is a great way to show them off. Hop on Pinterest for some really great idea.
- Stick to your budget! I know seeing all the fun decorations in the stores will make you want to buy them all to impress your guest, but before you go crazy picking up crawling zombies and severed heads make sure you set a budget, and stick to it!
- Don’t forget about the music! I don’t know about you, but we love to dance at our parties. So when planning out your decorations don’t forget a Halloween favorites CD. Even if you don’t want to dance it still makes great background music.
- Get into it! If you decide to throw a Halloween party remember to get into the spirit. Dress up, play games, and be a great host. If you are having fun then your party guest are sure to have fun too.
- Be Safe! If you are having alcohol served at your party, make sure you know how everyone is getting home. If you have pumpkins with a flame inside, make sure it’s at a safe place, etc. A little preplanning can help you avoid a disaster later.
- Give Advance Notice! Halloween is a pretty big holiday and people might have plans weeks in advance, so to make sure you have a good turn out at your party, make sure you send out invites with time in advance for your guests to grab a costume and clear their schedule.
- Don’t forget the Trick-Or-Treaters- If you don’t want to be bothered during your party make sure you leave out some candy for the neighborhood kids!
- Have Fun! The most important tip I have is to Have Fun! That is what a party is supposed to be about right? Don’t stress if every detail isn’t perfect, as long as everyone is having a good time that’s all that matters!
What is your #1 Halloween Party tip? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for more Halloween Fun? Check out these posts:
September 9, 2015 @ 10:50 pm
Thanks for the Halloween party tips!
September 11, 2015 @ 5:51 pm
Great tips! Makes me want to have a Halloween party already!