This monkey bread recipe with cream cheese is great to serve for breakfast and one serving is only 4 weight watchers points. It is so good I could not stop pinching off pieces every time I walked past it on the counter throughout the day. So I would recommend either dividing it into serving sized amounts and putting them into containers or serve to the whole family right away so that you are not tempted to eat more than your four weight watchers points worth.
Monkey Bread Recipe with Cream Cheese
1 (2-pound) pkg frozen white bread dough (usually this is 2 loaves)
1/2 c (4 oz) cream cheese
1/3 c sugar, divided
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 c reduced calorie pancake syrup
1. Thaw bread dough according to pkg directions
2. Combine cream cheese, 1 Tbsp sugar, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in a bowl. Stir well, set aside.
3. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and set aside. This is for rolling the dough balls in after you fill them with cream cheese mixture.
4. Cut each loaf of dough into 24 equal portions, use kitchen scissors.
5. Flatten each dough piece into a circle and then spoon 1/2 tsp into the center.
6. Gather dough around the cream cheese mixture, forming a ball. Pinch dough together to seal.
7. Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture and put into a bundt pan sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Pour any remaining cinnamon and sugar over the dough balls. Then pour syrup over them.
9. Cover and let rise for 40 min or until doubled in size.
10. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake at 350ºF for 28 min or until lightly browned.
11. Immediately loosen edges with a spatula. Place serving plate upside down on top of the pan, invert bread onto plate.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size:3 balls)
I am sure you will love this monkey bread recipe with cream cheese. It is a great way to have a sweet treat but stay on track with your healthy eating plan. There is very little sugar in this recipe and if you are doing weight watchers it is only 4 points per serving.