Great ways to Propose
So you’ve found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, and now you have to think of some great ways to propose! It will be one of the most memorable moments of your life, so you want to make sure it is perfect! Well I asked around and did some research to find some of the most fun, classic, creative, and all around great ways to propose and I wanted to share them with you! My own proposal from my husband was simple and sweet, having my then 2 year old daughter run up to me holding a ring box, and him around the corner on 1 knee, so cute and special!
Here are some of the great ways to propose that I have found:
If you want to propose in public:
- A treasure Hunt! A treasure hunt is a fun way to make your proposal a whole day event! This will take some planning and some talking to local businesses (or friends!) to help you out!
- A newspaper ad! In a paper your lover reads daily, take out an add in the paper and bring them the paper in the morning!
- Get in good with the DJ! If you love going out with your partner and have a favorite club, get in good with the DJ and have him dedicate a song and pass you the milk for the big question. (Make sure to invite all your family and friends!)
- Hire a Skywriter! You can’t really go wrong when hiring a skywriter to write “Will you Marry me?”.
- Wrap yourself up! Get a large box and wrap it like a present and “deliver” yourself to her office! (Make sure you clear this with her work first!)
- Take a Leap of Faith! Skydiving of course! Take your lover for a day of skydiving, and hold up a sign that says “Will you marry me?” Make sure the place you are going offers videos of your jump (most do) that way when you are on the ground you can watch the video!
- Get a Pet! Has your lover always wanted a pet? Take her to the pet store and let her pick one out,and from your pocket, pull out a collar with a ring attached to it, and ask if they are ready to start a family!
- Disneyworld! Who doesn’t want to get proposed to in front of Cinderella’s Castle!?
- Switch the Menu! Go out for a date to your favorite restaurant, and ask the waiter (before hand!) if they can slide in a “Will you Marry me?” Note into your partners menu! (You could also do the ring in the champagne glass, but make sure they don’t drink it!)
- Pop the question at 30,000 feet! If you are planning on going on a trip together, let the flight attendant know ahead of time, and tell you lover you are getting up to grab some water, then make the accountant on the loud speaker!
If you want to propose in private:
- A Morning Surprise- While you lover is sleeping slip the ring on their finger, and wait for the surprise when they wake up!
- YouTube it! Make a proposal video and upload it, then invite your lover over to watch a “hilarious movie you found” .
- Stay in for Takeout! Grab some Chinese food and create a personalized fortune cookie with your own proposal message in it for dessert!
- Make your own Crossword puzzle! You can make, and print one out HERE and help her “solve” it!
- Get the kids involved! If you have children, have them draw pictures or even bring the ringbox to your lover. You could also use your pets by tying the ring to their collar!
- Get Techy! Buy an old keyboard and switch the letters around to spell out “Will you Marry me?” and ask them to look up something on the computer for you.
- Read a Book! Slip a note into your lovers favorite book and wait for the reaction when they open the book to read it!
- Make it Glow! Grab some of those glow in the dark stars you stick on your wall (bonus points if you can find glow in the dark letters) and stick them in a pattern on your ceiling that says “Will you marry me?” and flick off the lights!
- Breakfast in Bed- Make them breakfast in bed and have the ring sitting on the tray
- Spell it out! Use refrigerator magnets, spell out “will you marry me?” and wait for them to see it!
How Did you propose? (Or get proposed to?)