My kids love pizza and so do I but I have to admit I can get tired of it after awhile. If my kids had their way they would have pizza once a week or more. Not me, I think once a month is enough. So I try to find recipes that use some of the same ingredients as pizza since I know my kids will try them and hopefully like them. This pizza roll recipe was a big hit at my house. I made them with canned croissants, mini pepperonis, and mozzarella balls. We dipped them in marinara. You could use these as your main dish with salad and applesauce sides or serve them as an appetizer. They are fun for a kids party but also would be great for an adult get together.
Pizza Roll Recipe
3 cans refrigerated croissant dough
1 bag of mini pepperonis
container of mozzarella cheese balls
1 cup of marinara sauce
1. Form cone shapes using aluminum foil. Spray the cones with cooking spray. Heat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice croissant dough using a pizza cutter into thin slices. Wrap a slice around a cone.
3. Bake the cones for 10 min or until lightly brown.
4. Remove bread cones from the aluminum form as soon as they are cool enough to touch. If you let them cool all the way they are harder to remove.
5. Allow bread cones to cool then stuff mini pepperonis into 2 cones.
6. Assemble the roll using a toothpick. Put a toothpick through the center of a mozzarella ball s that both ends are sticking out. Inserts the ends into the pepperoni inside the cones.
7. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Note: You can make as many of these as you like using the aluminum cone forms, just be sure to spray the aluminum cones with cooking spray every time.