Toll House Cookie Skillet Recipe
Toll House Cookie Skillet
I am the first to admit that I love a good cookie. What is better than one cookie? How about a Toll House Skillet Cookie?
The truth behind my love of this recipe is that I love the idea of baking cookies. However, once I make a sheet or two, I am over it. Once I’ve mixed up the batter, I don’t want to be getting up every ten minutes to take cookies out of the oven and fill up the cookie sheets again. That’s why I decided try a cookie skillet instead of individual cookies.
After seeing the idea on Pinterest, I decided it was worth a try. I loaded the next batch of cookie batter into a skilled and baked it until done. This is favorite new way to bake cookies.
It all starts with the Toll House recipe from the package of chocolate chips:
What You Will Need to Make A Cookie Skillet
The first thing you will need is a lightly coated, oven proof skillet. Use a cooking spray or lightly coat the skillet with vegetable oil. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and brown sugar) in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (butter, vanilla extract, and eggs).
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the Toll House Chocolate Chips
5. Place half the standard cookie recipe batter into the skillet and pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes. Allow some room in the skillet for the batter to spread out.
You can’t mess up these cookies. They are so easy to make and taste great! You might even question ever baking separate batches of cookies again.
If you are looking for other fabulous cookie recipes, check out these favorites:
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
Amaretto Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies