5 Reasons You Need a Kigurumi!
5 Reasons You Need a Kigurumi!
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned below free of charge to facilitate this review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!
One of my favorite parts of being a blogger is getting to introduce you guys to awesome new products. My daughter is always my (super cute if I do say so myself) model and when she got word that she was going to get to check out a Kigurumi she was super stoked. She loves anything that has to do with Japanese culture so this was right up her ally! So we headed to Kigurumi-Shop.com to check out all the cute Kigurumis they had to offer. It was SO hard to choose between the dozens of styles they had to choose from!
Have you heard of a Kigurumi before? For those that haven’t, here is what we are talking about: “Kigurumi” comes from a combination of two Japanese words: kiru(“to wear”) and nuigurumi (“stuffed toy”). Traditionally, it referred specifically to the performers wearing the costume, but the word has since grown to include the costumes themselves. In Japan, kigurumi costumes are worn as a way to break the conventions of traditional dress… or just as comfy pajamas!
And everyone should have one!
Here are 5 reasons you need a Kigurumi!
1. They are SO comfy! The material used to make the Kigurumi is super soft and comfortable. They are great for cold winter nights, or for roasting marshmallows on a fall afternoon. They would also make a perfect Halloween costume for those of us that get a little cold around trick or treat time.
2. They are adorable! I mean seriously, what could be cuter than a big puffy animal costume? Oh and moms and dads, guess what? They come in adult sizes too! Oh yes, get excited. I’ll be showing my own off in a few months! And they come in so many different styles. From cute unicorns, foxes, even sharks! They also offer licensed characters like Hello Kitty, Disney, and more!
3. They are great conversation starters! If you are like me and like to rock the convention circuit, these are a huge hit! People love them, and what could be more approachable than a huggable creature like yourself in your very own Kigurumi? Not much, that’s for sure!
4. They are fun! Who doesn’t want to run around their house (or hey, around town, I’m not judging!) dressed as a unicorn? Exactly. The possibilities are endless! Think of family photos in your Kigurumi, nights at the ball field, or just unicorn snuggles on the couch.
5. They are totally affordable and well made! These are really well made, feel great, are machine washable, and affordable for the whole family. They have 3 sizes available (kids, regular, and XL) and fellow thick girls, don’t you fret! Mine fits me perfectly! It will fit you, I promise!
Alright have I convinced you yet? If I have awesome, head on over to Kigurumi-Shop.com and order yours now! Have I not convinced you? That’s ok, you need to head over to Kigurumi-Shop.com as well, because I know the perfect Kigurumi is there, and as soon as you see it, you’ll be convinced too! Happy Shopping!