Single on Valentines Day-Ahhh, Valentines Day. A day of flowers and love and hearts and cupid and spending time with your love. But what if you don’t have someone to share Valentine’s Day with? Do you stay home alone and just wait for the day to be over while couples everywhere celebrate together? Of course you don’t! You are amazing and awesome and you are still going to celebrate this day even if you are single! So, here’s what you do.More
Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015! Can you guys believe that a brand new year is upon us? It seems like 2014 flew by! As I sit in my office (hm, my Livingroom) I look around and suddenly get inspiration for my 2015 goal. You might have already guessed it considering the title of this article right? I need to get organized like no one’s business! One of my favorite ways to stay motivated to see a goal through is to right them down and share them with others in hopes of keeping myself on track and helping anyone else that might want to join me. So with that in mind let’s check out some of the best easy tips to get organized in the New Year that I have found! More
We only have two more Spring Breaks to take a vacation as a family. This year we will Cruise the Bahamas for Spring Break! Our teenage daughter’s only request is that this Spring Break trip must include sun and fun. Well, this year we plan to deliver just that. Planning a vacation for the three of us takes more than a little bit of coordination and planning. With the travel dates set well in advance by the school system, all we need to do is arrange for time off that week.
First Things First: Cruise or Resort?
The first step was to contact our travel agent to let him know when we wanted to get away, where we wanted to go (South!), and how much we planned to budget for the trip. We have a personal relationship with our travel agent and he was able to quickly come up with three options. As much as we wanted to travel out of the country, the Mexican beach resort option was immediately dismissed because it required us to obtain passports. I know we eventually need to apply for passports but it’s just not in the budget right now. That left us with two options: a beach resort in Puerto Rico or a cruise to the Bahamas.More
Celebrate Small Businesses With The UPS Store This Month! #SmallBizSalute
May is one of my favorite months of the year. It’s the start of summer, the end of school, my daughters birthday, and I recently found it, small business month! As a small business owner myself, I love working with companies that have my best interest in mind. The UPS Store is one of those companies. The want to celebrate the accomplishments of small businesses and they want to help in any way they can to make your job easier! With more than 4,500 locations nationwide, The UPS Store is committed to helping small business owners everywhere launch and grow their business every day.More
New Technology Slashes Electricity Bills for Texans
Energy bills. It’s something we all have to deal with since we need energy to do…pretty much everything ha. But does that mean that we should be price gouged by the energy company? Absolutely not! Well, if you live in Texas and want to save some money on your energy bill, keep reading, I have something exciting to share with you!
If you live in a deregulated market in Texas (and millions do), there is a new technology company that is helping people save 40-60% off their energy bills.More
Black Friday Shopping Tips That Make Your Shopping Trip Fun!
Now I know that Black Friday is becoming more and more of a controversial shopping day. This is mainly because Black Friday tends to fall on Thanksgiving now. Now I understand why someone might not want to go out shopping on Thanksgiving. But I will be out shopping at 6pm on Thanksgiving with bells on! We have always had Thanksgiving lunch, and then prepared for shopping the next day. This is something we do as a family (well, other than my daughter, who hangs out with Grandma while we shop for her) and it’s always such a fun time for all involved. So for those of you that can’t get enough of those good deals, I’ve got some tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way that will make your Black Friday shopping trip go by smoothly and fun! I hope you enjoy, and if you have any tips of your own please leave them in the comments for me, I would love to hear!
Here are some great Black Friday Shopping Tips That Make Your Shopping Trip Fun:
1. Find your Tribe! Shopping is never fun alone, and Black Friday is no exception. Not only is it more fun to have someone to talk to while you wait in line, but it will also be helpful in the “divide and conquer” method. Speaking of…
2. Divide and Conquer! Now that you have your tribe, you need a battle plan. With the amount of people all going for the same deals, you might not have time to grab all of them. So here is the plan, you split up the group, and have each member go to a certain section of the store and when all the deals are had, you meet in the middle and take your spot in line. Easy Peasy!
3. Know before you go! Thanks to the wonderful thing that is the internet, we not longer have to wait for the Thanksgiving newspaper to get the scoop on the best deals. Check out TheBlackFriday.com for the deals as soon as they get leaked.
4. Comfort is key! No matter what store (or stores!) you go to, expect that your going to be waiting in lines, a lot. You’ll probably be in line outside waiting for the store to open, and you’ll be waiting in lines inside to check out. It’s just a fact. It will also probably be cold. So make sure they you wear really comfy shoes and layers! It’s going to be cold and then it might be warm in the store. Be ready!
5. Don’t forget Cyber Monday! Even if you don’t want to get out in the craziness on Black Friday there are still so awesome (and sometimes better) deals to be had on Cyber Monday. And the beauty is you can shop from home. I always save some money for Amazon on Cyber Monday.
6. It pays to be loyal! A lot of stores like to keep their loyal customers happy. This includes giving them special deals and promotions on big shopping days like Black Friday. So before the day comes, make sure you sign up for alerts from stores you plan on visiting.
7. Create a budget, and stick to it! I know how awesome all the deals sound, but you don’t want to wake up the next morning with a trunk full of gifts, and a head full of buyers remorse. So go in with a budget, this will help you from splurging on that mixer that is on sale for a really great price but you know you will never touch.
8. Not all that glitters is gold! This is especially true for electronics. A lot of big ticket door buster deals (like big TV’s) might not be the best bang for your buck. They are normally not name brand, and may have lower specs than you might want. It comes down to doing your research before you go!
9. No one ever regrets planning ahead! Speaking of research, that is something you will want to make sure you do. Know your stores Black Friday price matching policy before you go. It also helps to know the layout of your stores, and what exactly you want from any product you buy.
10. Shop with Cash! I say this for a couple of reasons. One of those reasons goes back to budgeting. If you have cash (leave your card at home or in the car) you won’t over spend. Another one of those reasons is security. Last year as you might remember, Target had a huge security breach during Black Friday and I know you don’t want that to happen to you!
There you have it. My top 10 Black Friday Shopping Tips to make your day go by smoothly. But my most important tip is this, it’s just a little shopping. Don’t be greedy, don’t be mean, and Have fun!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post brought to your by Violet, as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own 🙂
Alright ladies, it’s time to talk about something most of us go through on a monthly basis. Our period. I know I know, it isn’t the most comfortable thing in the world to talk about, but when I hear of a product that might make those annoying few days every month a little bit easier, I’ve got to tell you about it!More
Disney On Ice Presents Let’s Celebrate Is Coming to Nashville!
You guys. I don’t know if you know this about me, but I am a Disney FREAK! We go to Disney World as many times as possible, I have Disney tattoos, and I even had an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding. So when I heard that Disney on Ice Presents Let’s Celebrate was coming to Nashville, I got super excited. Maybe even more excited then my daughter, but that’s neither here nor there ha! We have been to a Disney on Ice show before and had an absolute blast. And now that my Godson is old enough to really enjoy it, he will be joining us this year! More
Disclosure: I was provided $25 to Aldi to facilitate this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own 🙂
Another school year is upon us! This year my daughter has entered the 2nd grade, and has found out that it is quite different than years past. The homework is harder, the rules are a little more strict, and they get to have a snack this year. In years past snack time was not a thing. I’m not quite sure why. So when we got the note home that we could provide a snack for our child for morning snack time we were thrilled. You see, my daughter is NOT a morning person, so when I ask her if she wants to eat something at 6 am, the answer is usually a very groggy no. (And for those wondering, yes I still made her eat something, she just wasn’t happy about it ha!). So now that she has a snack time around 9 am, it makes for an easy morning.More
Guess what ya’ll? There’s a new sheriff in town! My name is Rachelle and this site is now my little slice of the internet! I have been working for Amee over at Real Advice Galfor going on 4 years now, and we decided it was time for me to step out from behind the shadows and into my own spotlight! I am SO excited to share some wonderful recipes, crafts, product reviews, and some laughter every week. More