Healthy Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
Eating healthy is very important in our family, that’s why I always try to incorporate veggies in our favorite food. My kids love chicken so this Healthy Chicken and Vegetables Recipe is perfect. I used organic chicken, lentils and veggies in this yummy dish.
Here’s how to make this Healthy Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 57 minutes (if you are cooking one thing at a time)
Total: 67 minutes (cut your total cook time in half by cooking multiple things at once)
• 2 Large Organic Chicken Breasts
• 1 small pkg. Organic Fresh Shitake Mushrooms
• ½ pkg. Organic Frozen Broccoli Florets
• 1/3 Organic White Onion
• ½ pkg. Simply Balanced Black Beluga Lentils (comes in 8 oz. pkg.)
• 2 large Organic Garlic Cloves
• 1 tbsp. Organic Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
• 2 tbsp. Sea Salt
• 4 tbsp. Organic Olive Oil
Healthy Chicken and Vegetables Recipe Instructions:
1. Boil 2 inches water in large pan. Add 2 large organic chicken breasts. Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated. Turn heat on medium to low. Brown and remove. Let cool. (Please note: poaching 2 large breasts of chicken will take approximately 20 minutes.) Keep chicken breasts whole.
2. Empty half of lentil package into skillet and add 1 tbsp. water. Heat on low for 10 minutes and stir occasionally. Add 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tbsp. sea salt. Stir. Remove from heat.
3. Chop 2 large garlic cloves. Dice white onion.
4. Turn stove top to medium heat with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add garlic and onion. Sautee for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
5. Rinse shitake mushrooms with cool water. Dry with paper towel. Trim stems. Slice mushrooms long ways. Add to pan. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Stir. Sauté for approximately 12 minutes, or until mushrooms have a nice glaze and onion is transparent. Remove from heat.
6. Turn stove top to medium heat with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add frozen broccoli florets. Sautee for 10 minutes or until broccoli is lightly browned. Stir frequently. Add 1 tbsp. sea salt. Remove from heat.
7. Plate lentils first, with broccoli on top, followed by chicken breast, and top your entrée off with the mushroom blend. Add a side of Greek yogurt dip for a perfectly delectable and healthy meal. Perfect for dinner parties.
Here are some other amazing chicken recipes that you should try:
Barbecue Pulled Chicken Recipe
Organic Chicken with Kale and Tri Color Peppers Recipe
Stirfry Chicken Recipe
Chicken Ranch Salad Recipe
Organic Chicken Mediterranean Pita Pockets Recipe
Organic Chicken with Quinoa Salad Recipe
Organic Chicken Salad Recipe Easy