Homemade Christmas Gift Basket Ideas
Homemade Christmas gift baskets have always been a favorite Christmas gift of mine whether I am on the giving or the receiving end of the gift. What I really love about homemade Christmas gift baskets is the thought that goes along with them. You aren’t just buying anything, wrapping it and dropping it under the tree. You are putting real consideration into it and thinking of things that make the recipient happy, things that fit their personality or their hobbies. Then once you have your idea you can pack that gift basket full of goodies! If you need some help coming up with homemade Christmas gift basket ideas for someone on your gift list then I have some tips for you.
My list of 15 homemade Christmas gift basket ideas.
Do they love to cook or bake?
- A cookbook, a couple of wooden utensils, a potholder and oven mitt set and a kitchen timer.
- Recipe cards, an apron and chef’s hat, a nice mixing bowl and metal whisk.
- Kitchen gadgets like a garlic press, can opener, etc. with an assortment of spices and infused oils.
Do they love beer, wine, coffee or tea?
- A set of beer mugs, assorted bottles of imported beer and ale along with a bottle opener and set of coasters.
- Wine glasses, a bottle of wine, a bottle stopper, wine glass charms and a corkscrew.
- Assorted gourmet coffee and tea, a nice coffee mug or teacup and saucer along with some flavored syrups for the coffee or tea.
Do they love to read?
- A few different books or magazines, a mini reading light and some homemade bookmarks.
- A unique coffee table book, a gift card to Barnes & Noble a magnifying bookmark and a clip on book light.
- A cute set of homemade bookends and a few old favorite books.
Do they need some pampering?
- Manicure and pedicure tools, white cotton socks and gloves, a thick lotion for rough hands and feet.
- Bubble bath, shower gel, a bath pouf or washcloth and a terry robe.
- Massage oil, a portable massage device, a sleep mask and a cd of soothing music.
Do they love to eat?
- Cheese wedges, crackers or flatbread, a salami and assorted whole grain mustards.
- Assorted cookies, brownies, petit fours, truffles and chocolates.
- Assorted pasta, jarred sauces, a wedge of parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil leaves.
When deciding on an idea for a homemade Christmas gift basket take a few minutes to think of the person it’s for. Think of the kind of person they are and the things that they love and enjoy.
Use some of our ideas or come up with your own homemade Christmas gift basket ideas to make anyone on your gift list feel special.
Check out these fun Christmas ideas: