I am addicted to monkey bread. They are easy and inexpensive. You can see my raspberry monkey bread version here or my carmel apple version or how about my easy pizza monkey bread. I will say these are easy and addictive and my kids love them. They are inexpensive tasty. I love to cook on because they really are pretty and tasty. You can eat them for breakfast or dessert . I just love making them and smelling my house while one is cooking.
- 2 cans of large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced into pieces
- 1 Red apple
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a couple of sprinkles
- 1 Tbls of Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Flatten out the 16 biscuits
- Place sliced apple in the middle
- Add a little cinnamon on each
- Fold the dough around the apple and pinch the edges to close. Repeat
- Then place the folded dough into the pan.
- Coat the biscuits with the brown sugar and vanilla
- Bake for 40 minutes in an oven that is 350 degrees. I would check to make sure it isn’t really brown. You will need to make sure it is cooked all the way through. If it isn’t put it back in the oven. I put foil on top so it doesn’t burn.
- Then you will need to let the monkey bread cool before you attempt to dump it out.